|Title||Sinai Hospital Guild Records|
|Collection||Sinai Hospital Guild Records|
|Scope & Content||
*This collection is housed at the Walter P. Reuther Library of Labor and Urban Affairs.
The collection documents the activities of the Guild through minutes, brochures, and other materials that Guild generated while they were at Sinai Hospital in Detroit. Also included
are scrapbooks and photographs.
In 1952 the Sinai Hospital Board of Trustees appointed Mrs. Joseph Erlich to activate a Women’s Auxiliary. Acting as Provisional Chair, Mrs. Erlich chose 36 women from several Jewish community organizations to serve as board members of the Auxiliary. At the Board’s first meeting the following slate of officers was unanimously elected:
Mrs. Hyman C. Broder (Celia)--president
Mrs. Julian Krolik (Bess)--vice president
Mrs. Joseph Hartman (Mollie)--vice president
Mrs. Joseph Fenton (Helen)--vice president
Mrs. B. Benedict Glazer (Ada)--corresponding secretary
Mrs. Benjamin Jones (Esther)--recording secretary
Mrs. Wiilliam P. Greenberg (Rose)--treasurer
Mrs. Abe Katzman (Bea)--financial secretary
Mrs. Isadore Winkelman (Beryl)--executive secretary
With the Guild Board in place, the process was begun to establish and train a corps of volunteers who would assist in patient, clerical, and general Sinai Hospital support. The Guild moved to Sinai-Grace Hospital in 2000, after Sinai Hospital was closed.
|Extent of Description||31.5 Linear Feet (45 MB; 9 small flats)|
|Credit line||Sinai Hospital Guild Records, Leonard N. Simons Jewish Community Archives|
|Finding Aid||Click here to view Finding Aid.|